Our Supergreen Salad is one of our most popular salads and has been a Sip Kitchen staple since we opened almost 6 years ago. The creamy herb and avocado dressing is what makes this recipe really special though! This dressing lasts in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 7 days or you can freeze it to jazz up a salad later (make a big batch of dressing when avos are in season and store it in the freezer for later for a little taste of summer!).
There are a few variations of this dressing that you can try in order to pack even more nutrients into it as well. Our favourite variation is decreasing the amount of water and replacing that with sauerkraut juice, perfect if you want to sneak some probiotics in!
GF | DF | RSF | SF | Plant Based
Supergreen Salad Dressing
- 190ml extra virgin olive oil
- 70ml lemon juice
- 125ml filtered water
- 1/3 cup soaked raw almonds or almond pulp from nut milk making
- 1/2 cup avocado
- ~100g herbs (basil, chives, parsley, coriander etc)
- 2 small cloves garlic - crushed
- 3/4 tsp pink salt
- Add 1/2 tsp chlorella or spirulina
- Add a pinch wakame
- Drop back filtered water by 15ml and add 15ml sauerkraut juice for extra savouriness and gut support
We typically use the following ingredients in our Supergreen Salad though anything on hand that needs to be used up and/or in season can work:
- Greens: slawed kale; rocket; baby spinach
- Red cabbage - finely slawed
- Zucchini - ribboned (use a peeler to create long thin ribbons)
- Broccoli florets (small)
- Herbs - roughly chopped - whatever is on hand
- Spring onion - finely chopped
- Mix of seeds
- Almonds - chopped
- Avocado - sliced
- Put your dressing ingredients straight into your blender as you go, blend until smooth and creamy. Alternatively put ingredients into 1L glass jar and stick blend until smooth
- Put half on the salad ingredients in a bowl (excluding nuts, seeds and avocado) and toss, add some dressing, add the rest of the salad ingredients and top with dressing
- Top with nuts, seeds and avocado
One of our go-to breakfasts (and one of our most requested recipes) is our chia breakfast pots!
Chia pots are a great way to start the day as they’re high in protein, omega threes, fibre, antioxidants, magnesium and calcium, helping you feel satiated and ready to take on the day. As an added bonus a batch of chia mix will last in the fridge for 3-5 days so you can make a batch at the start of the week and have breakfast sorted for days!
This is a beautiful chewy, nutty, chocolate cookie with the added benefits of tahini! Tahini is a paste made with toasted, ground sesame seeds. The tahini gives the cookie a rich nutty taste and is high in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and monounsaturated fatty acids (“good” fats).Read More