While calorie restriction meal plans like My800 has a range of benefits, there are certain populations that My800 is not recommended for and certain populations that should consult with their pharmacist or medical provider before embarking on a My800 Meal Plan.
You are unable to consume the My800 meals if you are allergic to, or are unable to consume the following:
- Seeds including sesame seeds
- Foods that are not low FODMAP
Nb. The standard MY800 meal plans contain some dairy through whey protein, and the 5 day meal plan contains a small amount of cheese. The plans can be made dairy free if you have an allergy, please select the "Dairy Free” option when adding My800 to your cart.
It is not safe to undertake My800 Calorie Restricted meal plans for those:
- Pregnant; breastfeeding or undergoing fertility treatment.
- Feeling unwell, have a fever, are frail or recovering from significant surgery (<6 months ago).
- Who have had a recent cardiac event, myocardial infarction or cerebrovascular accident (<3 months previously) or other heart abnormalities.
- Who are underweight, malnourished or you suffer from an eating disorder.
- You are an athlete who has a high training load or is competing.
- Who have uncontrolled heart disease, uncontrolled hypertension, or kidney failure.
You must consult your medical professional before purchasing My800 Meal plans for those:
- Who are under 18 years old or over 70 years
- Who are Diabetic (Type 1 or 2)
- Who are under active medical investigation or treatment, or have a significant medical condition affecting ability to comply with diet e.g., Liver disease, kidney disease, cancer, cardiovascular disease.
- Who are on insulin. This is to avoid a potentially dangerous drop in blood sugar (hypo).
- Who are on SGLT2 inhibitors, taken to reduce blood sugars, such as dapagliflozin, empagliflozin, canagliflozin. This is to avoid the rare complication and potentially dangerous condition called euglycaemic diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), where despite having normal or only mildly raised ketones the medication can mask a serious complication of diabetes requiring urgent attention.
- Taking any medication as this may require changes in dosage.
Before starting any diet, we recommend speaking to your doctor or healthcare professional. You should not rely on the information provided on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or healthcare professional. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other healthcare professional.