Since the Longevity Fasting Diet is a calorie-restricted diet with very low protein, some people cannot do the LFD. For others, medical clearance before and/or supervision during the LFD will be required. If you have any of the below conditions, please contact your health care practitioner before purchasing the LFD.
You are unable to complete the Longevity Fasting Diet if:
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You have signs of a current infection* eg fever, diarrhea, cough
- You are underweight, malnourished, or have experienced protein deficiency
- You suffer from an eating disorder such as anorexia
- You are an athlete who has a high training load or is competing
*If you have signs of a current infection, it is recommended that you do not purchase the Longevity Fasting Diet until your symptoms resolve.
You are unable to complete Sip Kitchen’s Longevity Fasting Diet if you are allergic to, or are unable to consume the following:
- Seeds including sesame seeds
- Coconut products
- Foods that are not low FODMAP
You can view the full LFD ingredients list here.
You must consult your doctor or medical professional* before purchasing Sip Kitchen’s Longevity Fasting Diet if you have:
- Diabetes (type 1 or 2)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- A history of fainting
- A genetic mutation that blocks the ability to produce glucose from glycerol and amino acids (gluconeogenesis)
- Low blood pressure or are taking medications for hypertension
- You are on prescription medications
You must also consult your doctor or medical professional* before purchasing Sip Kitchen’s Longevity Fasting Diet if:
- You are over the age of 70
- You are under the age of 18
It’s critical to understand:
- Just like a peak week of physical training is designed to create physical load and stress, the LFD creates a state of nutritional stress and mild immune suppression. With both increased physical load and nutritional stress, it is the recovery or re-nourish period that allows the body to recover, adapt and improve. Hence the re-feed/re-nourish phase is critical to successfully locking in the LFD gains!
- All results are subject to individual variations and will depend on individual body types, blood chemistry, and current states of health. The improvements made by participants in the FMDTM were biggest in blood glucose, weight loss, blood pressure, cholesterol, IGF-1 etc for those who had the biggest gains to make.
- Participants whose health is within normal ranges still benefit from switching on the body’s cellular anti-aging ability (autophagy, apoptosis, stem cell regeneration) and improve their defense against disease.