One of our go-to breakfasts (and one of our most requested recipes) is our chia breakfast pots!
Chia pots are a great way to start the day as they’re high in protein, omega threes, fibre, antioxidants, magnesium and calcium, helping you feel satiated and ready to take on the day. As an added bonus a batch of chia mix will last in the fridge for 3-5 days so you can make a batch at the start of the week and have breakfast sorted for days!
Our favourite toppings are berries, coconut yoghurt, cacao nibs, nut butter/nuts, coconut and granola but you can top it with whatever you have handy in the house.
Chia Breakfast Pots
Makes 2 Litres
Can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days
Gluten-Free, Diary-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Plant-Based
- 1 ltr nut milk - we use coconut for the fat content
- 1 C chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp cacao
- 4 Tbsp coconut nectar (maple syrup is good too)
- Dash vanilla
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl
- Whisk briskly for a minute
- Let stand for 10 min to let the chia seeds absorb the liquid
- Whisk again
- Pour into containers or jars or use straight away
This is a beautiful chewy, nutty, chocolate cookie with the added benefits of tahini! Tahini is a paste made with toasted, ground sesame seeds. The tahini gives the cookie a rich nutty taste and is high in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and monounsaturated fatty acids (“good” fats).Read More